This page is designed to help you add links to your posts or pages. If you want to add a link to favorite blogs or sites ion the Shenandoah links page, please visit the add sites to Links Page support page.
There are a couple of ways to add links to your posts or pages. You can use either the Visual editor or the HTML editor, as described below. Read more about the difference between the Visual and HTML editors here.
How to Create Links
1. Highlight the text you want to link.
2. Click the link button on the toolbar.
In Visual mode:
3. In the popup that appears, enter the URL you want to link to. If you want the link to open in a new window/tab when clicked, check the box.
URL – The URL of the link (include http:// at the start for external websites)
Title (Optional) – Title of the link when a visitor hovers over it (a small tooltip will appear with the title)
4. Or, if you want to link to one of your own posts or pages, use the search box to quickly find what you’re looking for. Simply enter a keyword or two that appears somewhere on the post or page you want to link to.
Click the title of the post or page you want to link to, and the URL and Title fields will automatically be filled.
6. After you’ve entered the URL, click Update.
In Visual mode: the highlighted text will change to the color blue with an underline to signify a link
In HTML mode: highlighted text will be wrapped with the HTML link code, creating a link to the URL you specified. (The example below links to WordPress.com.)
How to Remove Links with the Visual Editor
To remove a link in the Visual editor, highlight the text and click the broken link icon: