Shenandoah and the rest of the American literary community mourn the loss of Jake Adam York, who died Sunday after a massive stroke. He was 40. Jake had been a Contributing Editor to this magazine for over a decade and studied with me at Auburn University, where he wrote a collection of poems for his honors thesis. I’ve never taught anyone else who so swiftly surpassed me and gave the full measure. I’ll say more when I can get collected and words come back to me.
- Shenandoah has been has featured on the list of 100 Essential Sites for Voracious Readers published on MastersinEnglish.org.
Find Shenandoah On
Subscribe via Email
- An Otherworldly Whisper Revisited
- Lady Macbeth: Wonderfully Wicked Across Multiple Mediums
- Ghosts and the Gothic: A Supernatural Encounter at Washington and Lee
- Stumbling Upon Old Memories: Nostalgia and Self-Reflection in “Book I” of Wordsworth’s The Prelude
- The Function of Dream in A Midsummer’s Night Dream